Pages

Welcome to the creative world of Jennifer Lambein!

I'm in love with the idea of expressing myself to the world through my art and the written word.

Monday, February 27, 2012

Bruschetta with tomato, onion, mushroom and avocado!


I love being creative and adventurous with food. I feel cooking is the perfect combination of art and science. I just whipped up this appetizer tonight. Luckily, it came out really YUMMY! I plan on making it for the next group of family and/or friends I invite over.

What you'll need:

1 medium sweet onion, chopped. I've grown to be a real fan of onion. If you're not, you can simply put in less.
1 vine tomato, diced
1 package whole white cap mushrooms, sliced. I cut the slices in half to make it easier to place on the bread.
1 avocado, diced
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
Ciabatta bread, whole loaf or pre-sliced. 8 to 10 slices
1/4 cup Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Apple Grille Marinade. I bought this at Heinen's supermarket here in Ohio. I love the sweet, smokey, and vinegar combination. If you can't find this exact one, feel free to experiment using your own.
3 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and pepper to taste


Directions:


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place onion, tomato, mushrooms, and avocado in a bowl. Add marinade, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Slowly fold all ingredients together. If the bread isn't pre-sliced, cut the loaf in to 1 inch slices. Place the bread slices on a baking sheet. Baste each slice evenly with the melted butter. Place the baking sheet with buttered slices in to the oven, and toast until brown. I like my bread somewhat lightly done. However, feel free to bake them as you like your toast. Remove from oven and top each slice generously with the marinade concoction. Voila!

*Join me on my art page: http://www.facebook.com/jenniferlambeinstudiopetite

Wishing everyone a very happy, healthy, and inspiring week! ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment